Sunday, March 11, 2007

It's not easy being a mother!

But it's the greatest blessing ever! My first pregnancy was a miscarriage. I was 15 weeks pregnant and started to bleed and cramp. As sad and devastated as I was, the Lord gave me such peace. His promise in Psalm 113:9 that He would make "the barren woman a joyful mother of children" gave me hope and strength. Two months later I was pregnant with my first child, and every 2 years after that I had another baby - stopping at 3 children.

Being a mother gives you the chance to do silly things you would otherwise never do - i.e. blow bubbles on the baby's stomach, make wild cooing noises, throw baby up the air and catch him/her.

I have loved every moment of being a mother. The first time one of my children said "I love you" was a moment I wish I could freeze in time.

More later...

No comments: