Thursday, June 7, 2012

Is it enough to know I am loved?

Hi there. So yesterday I was feeling bummed because I don't get to talk to you (all three of you) very often. I KNOW that you love me, so no worries there. This is not to make you feel guilty or anything. Just let me ramble. I was thinking about my mother, how she wrote me religiously every week (and expected a once-a-week response) and she would go on and on about her day, what she ate, etc. Not always interesting, but once in a while she shared her thoughts and feelings about life and I still have some of those letters. I was thinking to myself - why did she write me every week. Did she really think I cared about all that trivial stuff? (Not her feelings, but the other stuff). Then it hit me -- writing to me was her way of connecting to me. It was her way of trying to reach out and touch me. And she shared all that stuff with me because she wanted me to know her. So I guess that's what I want also. I want you to know me -- to know what I think and feel. To know about my day, or my week. I asked myself the question - is knowing I am loved enough? And the answer was no, it's not enough. I want an ongoing relationship with my children. I was going to send this as an email but you're too busy and wouldn't read it anyways. So I'll just put it in my blog.

No comments: